At Aspire Family Chiropractic in Waterford Township, our chiropractor treats musculoskeletal disorders with a focus on spinal adjustments and manipulation. His objective is to reduce pain while increasing the functionality of patients and educating them on helping themselves through programs that they can use at home and at their jobs to help with their neck and back pain.
Treatment at Aspire Family Chiropractic
Chiropractic care and treatment benefits patients with a wide variety of spinal disorders like the following:
- Back and Neck Sprains and Strains: Sprains involve the ligaments that hold bones together. Strains involve muscles and tendons. Either type of injury can result from heavy lifting, working in unnatural positions or strenuous activities involving bending or twisting.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Nobody is getting any younger. Your spinal discs are flat and circular, and they consist of a jelly-like substance that's contained in thin bands of cartilage. They act as shock absorbers between the spinal vertebrae when we walk, run, jump, bend or twist. With age, they lose elasticity from dehydration.
- Disc Herniation: When the rings of cartilage surrounding a disc break, the jelly-like substance inside the disc can leak out and put pressure on a nerve root. If the herniated disc is in the neck, the patient will feel pain, tingling and numbness in an arm and hand. If a disc herniates in the lower back, the same symptoms are likely to be felt in the buttocks and down a leg and into a foot.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body. If it becomes compressed, pain will shoot down a leg.
- Myofascial Pain: This is deep muscle pain from what we call trigger points. Patients describe myofascial pain as having a knot in a muscle.
- Whiplash: This is a common auto accident or contact sports injury from sudden neck hyperflexion and hyperextension. Whiplash is a sprain/strain, and it can lead to severe pain and loss of range of motion. Some patients even suffer cervical (neck) discs in whiplash events.
Chiropractic Care is Safe for Just About Everybody
For the overwhelming majority of patients, chiropractic care and treatment has proven to be safe and effective for relief of musculoskeletal disorders. Because of certain underlying conditions, some people aren't suitable candidates for chiropractic manipulation. Dr. Robinson has been trained in identifying those conditions. You would then be referred to an appropriate specialist.
Come Visit Us
Along with the above conditions and injuries, our chiropractor also treats migraines, fibromyalgia, neuropathy and frozen shoulder syndrome. Learn more about how we can help you here in Waterford Township by calling 248-877-6678 for an examination and evaluation. You can even schedule an appointment online.